The prices for medical and dental care in Puerto Rico are up to 60% less!
Why Puerto Rico?
Puerto Rico’s healthcare is part of the United States. No passport or visas are needed for American citizens to travel to Puerto Rico.
As part of the United States, Puerto Rico offers the same advanced care, top-notch technology, and world-class infrastructure found in the best medical centers across the USA.
The majority of our doctors and dentists are U.S. Board Certified, and our hospitals are accredited by the Joint Commission (JCAHO/JCI). While the quality of care is equal to the care found across the USA, the prices for medical and dental care in Puerto Rico are up to 60% less!
The Puerto Rico Medical Tourism Corporation was created to promote medical tourism on the Island through the following initiatives:
Medical Tourism Certification & Improvement Training
International Medical Tourism Marketing · Business & Medical Tourism Laws
Tax Benefits & Financial Incentives
Our goal is to encourage Puerto Rico’s healthcare providers to participate in the medical tourism sector and to promote the Island as a global medical and dental tourism destination.
Puerto Rico, strategically located between North and South America, has the most modern infrastructure in the Caribbean and Latin America.
We invite you to discover why Puerto Rico is America’s Healthcare Island.
ACT 74: TOURISM DEVELOPMENT ACT
• Provides tax exemptions and tax credits to businesses engaged in eligible activities
• Up to 90% tax exemption on income tax
• Up to 90% tax exemption on municipal licenses
ACT 20: EXPORT SERVICES ACT
• 4% corporate tax rate
• 100% tax exempt dividends
• 60% exemption on municipal taxes
• 20-year decree guaranteeing these rates
ACT 22: INDIVIDUAL INVESTORS ACT
• 0% tax on dividend and interest income for new PR residents
• 0% tax on short- and long-term capital gains for new PR residents
• 0% Federal taxes on Puerto Rico source income